Alliant Bank
History
The J. R. Chowning Banking Company was chartered by the state of Missouri in 1888, located in Madison, Monroe County, Missouri. Shortly thereafter, in 1988, the name was changed, and remained, Madison Bank. In September, 1988, The Bank of Hunnewell, located in Hunnewell, Shelby County, Missouri merged with Madison Bank. Madison Bank was renamed Madison-Hunnewell Bank. The facility in Hunnewell became a branch of Madison-Hunnewell Bank.
 
With an aspiration for further expansion, a new facility was built in Monroe City, Monroe County, Missouri. This location opened for business in November, 1998
 
In early 2000, Madison-Hunnewell Bank opened a branch in Boonville, Cooper County, Missouri and the name was changed to Community First Bank of Missouri.
 
In December, 2003, approval was given to open a branch in Kirksville, Adair County, Missouri, and the name was changed to Alliant Bank. This location opened for business in October, 2004.
 
Alliant Bank purchased two bank branches in July of 2010, from Citizens Bank & Trust of Chillicothe, Missouri. Alliant Bank began operating these branches in Blackwater, Cooper County, Missouri and in Pilot Grove, Cooper County, Missouri.
 
Alliant Bank now has a total of six branches located in Northeastern and Central Missouri. Each branch, serving its city and its community.
 
“Alliant Bank, working with each of our customers to help them achieve their goals.”